Hello, neighbors! I’m here with your Thursday edition of the Dallas Daily, filled with all the local information you need to know right now.
But first, today’s weather:
Plenty of sun. High: 55 Low: 36.
Here are the top three stories today in Dallas:
- As part of the Racial Equity Plan, the city of Dallas will provide free access to menstrual products. Packages of menstruation products will be stocked in the restrooms of all public buildings as well as with staff for distribution. (KERA News)
- The father of Athena Strand, who was murdered earlier this month, is suing FedEx and the Dallas-area contractor who hired the driver of the truck. Strand’s father is seeking over $1,000,000 in damages and a trial by jury. Tanner Horner confessed to abducting and killing the girl after hitting her with the FedEx truck. (WFAA.com)
- On Tuesday, 12 tornadoes were confirmed in North Texas. The tornadoes were spread across multiple counties: Tarrant County, Wise County, Cooke County, Palo Pinto County, Eastland County, and Erath County. According to the National Weather Service, all of the tornadoes came from the same parent storm. (FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth)
Today in Dallas:
- Skate The Lake At Rockwall Area Chamber Of Commerce (All Day)
- EcoExplorer: Ugly Christmas Sweaters At Coppell Nature Park (9:00 AM)
- Jobseeker Support Session At Mesquite Public Library (10:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- North Texas University has hired Eric Morris as its new head coach. Morris will be the 20th football head coach in program history. (North Texas Daily via Instagram)
- SPCA of Texas is looking to house Dr. Dumpling. They say he is very sweet, gets along well with other dogs, and takes his medicine well. (SPCA of Texas via Facebook)
- Looking for a new home? There are a handful of new houses available in and around Dallas. (Dallas Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Thursday! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update.
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.