Hey, everybody. It’s Wednesday in Dallas and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally.
But first, today’s weather:
Low clouds may break. High: 49 Low: 32.
🏠 If you’re a real estate agent in Dallas, of course you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd and attract new clients. We can help you do that with an exclusive sponsorship in the Dallas Patch newsletter. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories today in Dallas:
- According to a new study, Dallas is leading the country for the best in downtown living. The city was crowned No. 1 by California-based storage company Storage Cafe, who conducted the study based on one question: “Which city centers provide the best value to its residents?” The study also noted that Dallas apartments excel in ample personal space; the average apartment offers more than 995 square feet of space per person. (The Dallas Morning News)
- The City of Dallas is hosting a two-week campaign that allows those with misdemeanor warrants to waive their fee in exchange for socks donations. The campaign will run through this week and next week and allows those with low-level warrants and Class C misdemeanor warrants to handle them without arrest. Socks, which must be new in a package of three or more, will be donated to The Bridge, a homeless recovery center in Dallas. For more information, call 311 or 214-670-0109. (FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth)
- Are you planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day with that special someone next month? Plenty of restaurants in the Dallas-Fort Worth area offering special dishes and menus to celebrate the holiday, including D Magazine) , , and which also will be hosting a Galentine’s-themed tea service on Feb. 12. Click the link to view the list of participating eateries in the area. (
From our sponsor:
Today’s Dallas Patch newsletter is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to light up their best network ever, covering 99% of people in America with LTE, which helps to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Dallas Patch newsletter possible.
- The Dallas Children’s Theater has been filling the void for youth seeking professional theater experience since 1984! Read more about the non-profit’s efforts over the decades at the link. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- Calling all Dave Matthews fans! The Dave Matthews Band will be bringing its summer tour to the area. The tour will stop at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands on May 19, followed by another Texas stop at Dos Equis Pavilion in Dallas, on May 20. (WFAA.com)
- The Dallas Zoo has thanked the public for the “outpouring of support you have shown for our Zoo family over the past few days as we comprehend the unexpected loss of our 35-year-old lappet-faced vulture, Pin.” (Dallas Zoo via Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Wednesday off right! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.