Hello all. Nicole Fallon-Peek here with your fresh copy of the Dallas Daily. Keep reading to find out all the local news you need to know right now.
But first, today’s weather:
Low clouds may break; milder. High: 67 Low: 44.
Here are the top three stories today in Dallas:
- One Dallas police officer has been fired, and another has been suspended, after reportedly failing to help a driver who was in a fiery crash. According to the Dallas Police Department, Cpl. Leonard Anderson and trainee Darrien Robertson were involved in a brief chase with a car. When the car eventually crashed and burst into flames, Anderson and Robertson reportedly drove away without stopping to provide assistance. (FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth)
- A man wanted for child sex crimes in Dallas was arrested at the border of Texas and Mexico. On Nov. 29, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested 51-year-old Isaul Salinas, who had an outstanding felony warrant for fondling a child. Salinas was taken into custody at the Laredo Port of Entry. (Patch)
- The holiday season is in full swing in Dallas, and this weekend has plenty of “DARTable” events to get you in the spirit. Today (Friday, Dec. 2) offers three different live performances — Jesus Christ Superstar, Beauty and the Beast, and Dallas Symphony Orchestra Presents Christmas Pops — all within walking distance from DART stations. Tomorrow (Saturday, Dec. 3) is filled with even more fun and festive events, including multiple holiday parades and tree lightings across the Dallas area. (DART Daily)
Today in Dallas:
- Bad & Boozy Fridays At Backyard Dallas (5:00 PM)
- The Polish Ambassador At Deep Ellum Art Co (8:00 PM)
- Talking Dirty After Dark: Live At Texas Theatre (9:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Calling all local house hunters! These DFW-area properties have just hit the market, including a three-bed, two-bath home in the Mesquite area for $282,000, and another with four beds and two baths in Dallas for $576,000. (Dallas Patch)
- Looking to get a jumpstart on your New Year fitness goals? These upcoming festive fitness classes and events in the greater Dallas area might be of interest. Tomorrow’s events include the Elves on the Run 5K in Grapevine and the Run Run Rudolph 5K Family Fun Run & Walk (dogs welcome!). (CultureMap Dallas)
- Tomorrow from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., the Dallas Park and Recreation Department is hosting a free Holiday Festival at Kiest Park. Community members can enjoy live entertainment, pictures with Santa, carnival rides, and more! Get more details at this link. (Dallas Park and Recreation Department via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all good for today. I’ll see you soon!
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.