Good morning, everybody. It’s me, Nicole Fallon-Peek, your host of the Dallas Daily — here to tell you all the most important things happening in our community.
But first, today’s weather:
A.M. rain; otherwise, cloudy. High: 55 Low: 44.
Here are the top three stories in Dallas today:
- The Remote Area Medical traveling clinic will be providing free medical services to hundreds of North Texans next month. The services include vision and dental care. The nonprofit travels throughout the country to support those in need. The clinic will be in Dallas on Saturday, Dec. 3 and Sunday, Dec. 4 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center on S. Griffin Street. (Subscription: Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- Dallas-Fort Worth LGBTQ bars are adding extra security measures in response to the recent Colorado Springs shooting. The bars are also reviewing their security measures to ensure a safe environment for patrons. Some bars are restricting backpacks and guns. Most bars are also hosting moments of silence for the individuals killed and injured during the Colorado Springs shooting. (Subscription: The Dallas Morning News)
- The Dallas Mavericks have teamed up with Rogers Healy and Associates Real Estate for the RHA Gives Back community service event. This year’s event will support the Dallas Santa Cop’s Toy Drive. The groups plan to break its previous record of donating over 500 toys. Community members can support the community service event by donating toys or volunteering. Donation information is available at the link. (Candy’s Dirt)
Today in and around Dallas:
- Senior Knitting Club At Bachman Lake Branch Library (12:30 PM)
- A Christmas Carol – A New Musical Comedy At Casa Mañana, Fort Worth (2:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Are you in the market for a new best friend? Consider this list of adoption-ready pets in the Dallas area who are searching for a forever home. Click the link to view the complete list. (Dallas Patch)
- Is the current housing market making you feel a little overwhelmed? Consider this list of the latest properties in the Dallas area to hit the market. Click the link to view the full list of properties which includes prices, photos, and property dimensions. (Dallas Patch)
- The Dallas Museum of Art will be offering free exhibit viewings on Friday nights through Sunday, Jan. 1. Click the link for a list of participating exhibits. (Dallas Museum of Art via Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Saturday. See you all Monday for another update!
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.