CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Thursday presented investors with a roster of healthcare stocks that should be on their shopping lists for next year.
“Wall Street likes profitable companies with consistent results, nice dividends and reasonably-valued stocks,” he said, adding, “The biggest [healthcare] winners were boring, consistent operators with cheap stocks.”
Cramer said that healthcare stocks have stayed relatively steady this year because they tend to be recession-resistant stocks – in other words, they perform well regardless of the state of the economy.
Here are his picks:
- Cramer predicted that the company will have a banner year in 2023 and called it “one of the best-run companies in any industry.”
- Praising the vaccine maker’s acquisition of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Biohaven and Global Blood Therapeutics, he said that Pfizer stock is a steal.
- Cramer said that he likes the “best-of-breed” managed healthcare stock.
- He called the stock a “great turnaround story.”
- Cramer says he likes the stock because the company’s underlying business has been strong, despite the stock being down over 43% for the year.
Disclaimer; Cramer’s Charitable Trust owns shares of Danaher and Humana.